Saturday, September 22, 2012

"Play it Again, Zac ...er... Sam."


I love my Girl... and because I love her... and because I love Zac Brown Band... I'm gonna risk coming dangerously close to hitting this blog's Z.B.B.S.P. (Zac Brown Band Saturation Point).

To explain...here's this week's,

"squirrel_e_girl & The Girl's Country Tune of the Week"

Last week, I wrote about our house coming alive with the sound of music ... to be surrounded by such big beautiful sound has brought us buckets and buckets of joy...

Yep.

Joy.

Pure unadulterated joy.

I've been living a non-stop dance party kinda life.

The dogs are concerned.

Although Wee Willow is quite partial to "Moves Like Jagger" and will join me out on the dancefloor that used to be our living room when that song comes on.

I'm falling in love with music all over again. I simply adore hearing all the intricate musical details of each song and have a renewed appreciation of the role the bass guitar plays in so many songs.

Very cool.

Anyhow, this afternoon, after my iTunes shuffle graciously landed on "Quiet Your Mind", The Girl shouted from the kitchen, "Mum!! Let's do Quiet Your Mind this week!!"

To which I replied, "Yeah but I already did that one."

To which she replied, "hmph"

Later on, she went out for the night and, because we still hadn't decided, I sent her a text asking her what song she wanted to do.

To which she replied, "Just do a repeat!"

Well awright...

Her demand is my command.

This week's song is a repeat... so if you actually listened to it the last time I posted it, you are in for a treat ...AGAIN.

And if you didn't listen to it the last time I posted it ...*sniff* ...I am giving you an opportunity to revel in the f*$king wickedness that is Zac Brown Band ....and to make up for crushing my feelings by not listening to it the first time.

This is such a big song and I love the way it builds to a big beautiful crescendo and I love love LOVE songs in 3/4 time.


As I have mentioned, Zac Brown Band isn't really country...they're a little bit o'everything.

Cross Genre-ers, if you will.

Something for everyone, really.

Even The Boy has been spotted singing along to ZBB...

...and that's saying somethin'.

Strictly speaking, this song isn't really country but it is awfully kickass.


So put your headphones on, crank it up, close your eyes and QUIET YOUR MIND, man!!!



You're welcome.


No comments: