Saturday, October 6, 2012

I F@#king LOVE Fall!!

Goddamn but I do love Fall. 




I adore pumpkins and mums and red leaves and yellow leaves and orange leaves and cornstalks and funny shaped gourds and wee mini pumpkins and straw bales and Thanksgiving and Halloween and The Boy's Birthday.

October is always such a glorious month...and this year I think it's even more glorious-er than ever. 


A little bit up the road from our new house is a huge hill that overlooks just about everything you'd ever want to look at...I can see the beautiful Lake Couchiching in its entirety AND I can see the seemingly endless beautiful rolling hills of Severn Township. 

From the atop that hill, I've contemplated sunsets, air shows, fireworks, approaching storm clouds, full moons and stars...and now I can add fall foliage to the list. 

The autumn colours this year are beyond anything I can remember and yesterday afternoon, as I surveyed the magnificent hilltop view, I was moved to tears by the beauty of the miles and miles of red, orange and yellow leaves. 

Now, to clarify, I didn't actually cry...even I'm not that much of a baby...I was just so completely overwhelmed that I was left breathless and my eyes were brimming with unshed tears. That has never happened to me before...and I have been fortunate enough to behold some pretty awesome things. 


Anyhow, it was pretty cool and it has inspired me to compile....


“A Comprehensive List of Everything I Fucking LOVE About Fall
by: squirrel_e_girl



  •  Everything.







The End.

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving to all my Beloved Canadian Readers and Happy Glorious Fall to everyone else.

xo seg

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ok.. how did I miss all of these fucking posts? My blogging duties have completely fallen to the wayside.

I agree. This fall has been one of the best. Perhaps it's just age that has made us more sensitive to the beauty of et all. I don't know.
Fall.. like life itself.. is just so fleeting. That makes me tear up a bit. (NO CRYING mind you.. just a tear up).

((Hugs))
Laura

squirrel_e_girl said...

Yes...I was going to ask you that very question...except I was going to say "How did you fucking miss all those posts?"..,very subtle, and classy, difference.
As much as I fucking LOVE October... I fucking LOATHE November...except I'm not allowed to say that because The Girl, my sister and my niece all have birthdays in November.
November is so grey and gross and cold and dead. Nothin' good,about that month....except, of course, the aforementioned birthdays ;)