Saturday, June 2, 2012

Schnauzers and Cat Barf and Bears. Oh My?

Alternately Titled: "I Am Nothing...If Not Random."


This is not a real post, just a few random thoughts and things that I feel like sharing today.

Some ”musings”, if you will.

From the squirrel cage.

That said, here’s...

"A Comprehensive List of Random 'Musings'(if you will) That I Feel Like Sharing Today"
by: squirrel_e_girl

  • iContinue to feed my iTunes habit with the addition of a kickass blast from my past that goes by the name “The Hurting” by Tears for Fears ....oh f#%king yeah...AND... “The Style Council: Greatest Hits” by (you guessed it) The Style Council...I probably should've been more selective in my selection since apparently, I really only find 74.62% (approx.) of their greatest hits to be all that great and the others I don't particularly care for. Damn...AND... 6 songs off of “The Very Best of Grateful Dead” by (yep) Grateful Dead...you see how I've learned to pick and choose and saved myself $8 worth of “DOH! I don't particularly care for this song. Wish I hadn't bought it”...AND... in keeping with my Dead-ish mood... a live version of “Bouncing Around the Room” by Phish...very fun and.... bouncy.  
  • I highly recommend that everyone rush over to their friendly neighbourhood  iTunes account this very instant and download “Barton Hollow” by The Civil Wars ....the ENTIRE album, NOT just a couple of songs. It is SPECTACULAR ...it really truly is. Really Really. Here is but a tiny taste of what your ears will be treated to: Barton Hollow
  • Take it from me, a Black Bear runs really super crazy fast. 
  • I am horribly disappointed...HORRIBLY DISAPPOINTED!!!...by the way The Boy and some of his friends were treated by their teachers while away at their much-anticipated Grade 8  camping trip (and, subsequently, by the way the situation was handled by the Principal when they returned). A small insignificant incident was blown way way WAY out of proportion and to say that this incident was handled inappropriately (as ‘admitted’ by said Principal) would be putting mildly. I'm struggling with how to put the injustice of the whole situation behind me but I will and I just needed to vent a little bit. I now will reassume my usual clever, witty and devil may care manner :) 
  • We are going to a wedding dance tonight and I guess I was feeling a bit  masochistic, so  I tried on the sundress that I wore to a wedding 5 years ago...and, by some Universe-mandated miracle, it still fits. WAHOOoooOOOoOO!! I’m not going to wear it ’cause it's chilly as a bastard today, but still...it fits :) 
  • Watching an 80lb Giant Schnauzer forcibly 'hug' and then hump the bejeezus out of my wee little 20lb Wheaten/Mini Schnauzer mix is as amusing as it is annoying ....Sorry, Willow. I always do drag her off as soon as I finish my quick giggle. 
  • I feel I must add “Grooming my dogs with clippers” to my "A Comprehensive List of Stuff That I Am Really REALLY Crap At and Will Never Be Good At...EVER" ...I suck so so so bad at it that it's pretty hilarious and is why I will go back to paying a professional groomer to cut my dogs' hair. Also, while I'm at it, I am crap at unloading a full clean dishwasher. And, who’s kidding who...when I said I was crap at transferring clean folded clothes from laundry basket to my closet, I should've said I am crap at transferring my clothes from the dryer to anywhere. Even getting my clothes from the washing machine to the dryer can be a struggle. Even getting my clothes into the washing machine...even getting my clothes into my dirty laundry hamper...damn. I am crap at all things “Laundry”. Period. Laundry. Dishes. Dogs. 
  • My Guy awoke this morning to find that one of our cats had barfed on top of his laptop....super gross, I know, but at least it was closed at the time of the upchuck.This afternoon, I tried to start it up (in order to write a real blog post with pictures of ducks and turkeys and everything).... to no avail which is super frustrating especially since it is his computer from work and on Monday, he'll have to go to his IT department and explain that a cat regurgitated on their computer . It is interesting to note, however, that the computer in question is a ToughBook. For those of you who do not want to take the extra step of clicking on that link, ToughBook is described by Wikipedia as “a trademarked brand name owned by Panasonic Corporation and refers to its line of rugged computers. The Toughbook is designed to withstand vibration, drops, spills, extreme temperature, and other rough handling.[1]” and  “Toughbooks” have also inadvertently served as bulletproof vests.[6]”. I am extraordinarily tickled by the fact that this tank of a laptop was brought to its bulletproof knees by a 6 lb stripey kitty cat. Awesome. My Guy fails to see the awesomeness in this situation. Yet. 
  • Whereas, My Guy awoke to find his ToughBook decorated with a pile of cat vomit, I awoke to a pretty flowery bubblewrap envelope containing one of the most thoughtful and most excellent gifts I have ever received!!! A wonderfully AWESOME friend/Kindred Spirit sent me a personalized autographed copy of “Let’s Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir)” by Jenny Lawson aka The Bloggess ... one of my most favourite bloggers in the entire Universe. I am a lucky lucky LUCKY girl!!!

That is all.

p.s. I am worried about my brain...only after a dozen and a half or so read-throughs of my published post did I notice that I had used the wrong "Principal" ... I had originally used "Principle". May not seem like a big deal to you but I was mortified...and greatly relieved to have caught my error.

And "Loser" by Beck is a masterpiece.

That is all.

Again.

For Now.

No comments: