Saturday, December 1, 2012

A little bit HO! HO! HO! and a little bit YEEHAW!!

Alrighty then...

Now that I have fully established a Christmas-y theme here in the ol' Cage of the Squirrel, I thought I would enhance this festive mood by adding some tunes...

More specifically...

A tune.

Even specifically-er...

A Country Tune...

A Country Christmas-y Tune.


Here we go:

"squirrel_e_girl & The Boy's (Christmas-y) Country Tune of the Week"

Yep.

You heard right.

The Boy is this week's co-contributor.

Which is great in so many ways, mostly because he doesn't much care for country music.

 (Although, every now and then, I do catch him singing a Zac Brown Band song under his breath...HA!!)

...and the fact that he is actually showing any interest in my blog is kinda fun :)

He was with me last week when I first heard this song and he immediately suggested that I use it in my blog.

He's a good kid.

...even if he doesn't read my blog.

... or know when my birthday is.
....
....
....

You hear that???

That's the sound of a mother's heart breaking.
...
...
...

OK...enough of that!!!

Let's get down to our Country Christmas-y business.

This week's song is:

"Santa Came Anyway" by: Dan Swinimer

I've known Dan since I was 15.

We were in the same music class.

I played sax and he played drums.

I happened to sit on the other side of the classroom from him, between two of his very good friends.

They were extremely well-behaved and quietly studious young men who devoted their time spent in class to bettering themselves as students of music...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ...No they didn't.

 Those crazy little bastards got me in trouble on a daily basis.

It was awesome.

Anyhow, over the years, despite tormenting at least 2 high school music teachers, Dan has devoted his life to making music (and a wonderful family) in a bunch of different capacities.

You can read more about that stuff here: http://www.manicdown.com/about-dan/

He is not a country music artist but he does write country tunes...or at least he's written one country tune.

He wrote and recorded this semi-autobiographic song by himself in his basement and it was submitted to a country radio station out in Vancouver to compete in its New Country Challenge (Christmas Edition).

Earlier this week, "Santa Came Anyway" was retired...undefeated after 5 crushing victories :D

YEEHAAAAAAAAW!!!

It's funny and it's cute and here it is:



It will be soon be available on iTunes and all proceeds are being donated to charity.

That Dan Swinimer....he's a good guy :D




No comments: